World Fruit day reminds us that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is an important element of maintaining a balanced diet so w can consume enough vitamins and minerals. This is vital because Vitamin A and C deficiency, for instance, can cause a wide range of illnesses, and fruits are widely recognised for their role in preventing ailments. As an added benefit, a wide variety of antioxidants are also in fruits.
The best and most fruitful way to celebrate International Fruit Day was to make it a global festival day open to people from all cultures, countries, , religions, and walks of life.
As a result, this concept has become increasingly clearer in terms of sustainability. The celebration of ‘International Fruit Day,’ held annually on July 1st, began as a way for people to share and enjoy fruits and vegetables with one another.
Fruit of the year 2022: Blackberries
Sweet, nutrient-dense, and calorie-conserving, blackberries have it all. Among the most nutrient-dense fruits, they include an abundance of vitamin C as well as significant levels of antioxidants. Blackberries contain antioxidants that areresponsible for fighting against free radicals. Here are some of the many well-known health benefits of the fruit:
- In addition to bioflavonoids and Vitamin C, blackberries have a low salt content and just 62 calories per cup, making them an excellent source of nourishment.
- Blackberries have one of the highest antioxidant contents of any fruit because of their rich dark colour. Antioxidants, which have been linked to a decreased risk of several cancers, are a welcome addition, but berries should be ingested raw to get the full health advantages.
- Brambleberries, bramble, dewberry, and thimbleberry are just a few of the many names given to the berries.
- Your skin may appear to be rejuvenated without surgery by consuming blackberries because it contains minerals thataid in healthy tissue tightening. Long-term use also keeps your brain activeand thinking clearly.
- Blackberries’ high tannin content has a multitude of health advantages, including reducing inflammation in the intestines, easing haemorrhoids, and calming diarrhoea. To reap the benefits of berries, you need to include them in your diet in several ways. Have them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; they may even be included in your smoothies.
- The plant’s leaves and bark have traditionally been eaten as well. Blackberry leaves have long been used to soothe painful gums and even a sore throat.
- If you prefer a cup of tea, the leaves can also be used to make a medicinal concoction. Honey or similar sweetness can be used to disguise the bitter flavour.
- Because the berries contain a good amount of Vitamin K, which helps relax muscles, some women use them to ease labour pains. In addition to being a component of a healthy diet, the juice may also be used to help regulate menstruation.
The primary goal of this celebration is to give thanks to all those who work hard to establish and maintain a good quality of life for others by sharing the benefits of their labour with loved ones, friends, and those in need.
Dwivedi, S. (2021). Why Do We Celebrate International Fruit Day? Retrieved 25 June 2022, from https://krishijagran.com/news/why-do-we-celebrate-international-fruit-day/
Simms, D. (2013). The Blackberry 10 (Must-Know Facts About The Fruit). Retrieved 26 June 2022, from https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/blackberry-facts_n_2581622