Buying bulls is easy, buying bulls that work, perform and are worth their salt is not so easy. ALZU Beefmasters’ mission is to take all the guesswork out of it by providing breeders with performance-recorded, commercially oriented Beefmasters that possess the proven Beefmaster genetics.
On 18 July the Alzu auction ring was packed, where top quality Beefmasters were offered at their 15th production auction. Alzu’s top quality animals have attracted many. Buyers and auction attendees were welcomed on a cold winter morning with a syrup-sweet pancake and a steaming hot cup of coffee.
The average and highest prices of the day
- 34 Top Beefmaster stud bulls were offered and achieved an average price of R90 147.06. The most expensive bull, Lot 5, is sold for R180 000 to Willem von Wielligh.
- 1 Pregnant cow and calf (3-in-1), Lot 37, achieved a price of R 42 000.00.
- 23 registered pregnant cows were sold and achieved an average of R 29 217.39. The highest price achieved was R 37 000.00 for Lot 60 and Lot 61.
- 4 commercial pregnant cows were sold and achieved an average of R 26 000.00.
- 8 Commercial pregnant heifers were sold and achieved an average of R 25 000.00.
If you want to market your auction contact:
Lynette van Tonder – 074 694 4422 – email@example.com
Tiny Smith – 082 698 3353 – firstname.lastname@example.org